Create a New Repository
Create a free SVN repository and choose between public and private permissions so you can share your code with the world or only share it with your fellow developers.
- Choose between a public or private repository
- Import an existing repository into your new repository
- View activity via an activity stream and email notifications
- Web-based code browser with full syntax highlighting and inline code commenting
Free SVN Hosting You Can Rely On
Over 800,000 users have chosen Assembla to accelerate their projects and manage their code. Assembla's servers and SVN repositories are hosted in datacenters with world-class physical security and firewalling, and all accounts now come with 128-Bit SSL Encryption (HTTPS).
Your repositories are housed in a Storage Area Network with built-in backup and redundancy with triple failover protection. In addition, we synchronize to off-site backups to protect you against worst-case scenario data-loss where all datacenter systems fail permanently.
When you choose a free private subversion repo, you can keep your intellectual property safe from prying eyes; only those you invite to be a member of your space can see your code, and you can even set IP-restrictions for your subversion repository to restrict usage to specific computers and networks.
- Best in Reliability
- Best in Accessibility
- Best in Features
- Best in Innovation
- Best Free Offer
Feature-Rich Subversion Hosting
All free subversion repositories include some great enhancements to make working with, and managing your code easier and more productive.
Web-Based Beautiful Code Browser
When you're working within your subversion repository, being able to view changesets, diffs, and examine your source code directly from inside the repo can save you time. With our beautiful code browser you can:
- Changeset browser - see what is new, and what is changed.
- Commits are linked to Assembla user profiles and reports.
- Browse your source code with syntax highlighting and image rendering.
- View as a Web Page - Instantly see your HTML pages rendered as web pages with images, CSS, and JS. Speeds Web design
Team-Unifying Activity Stream
Keep your team members up-to-date with the happenings in your project with our Activity Stream.
- Multiple notification formats: Email, Web and RSS views of all events, including commits.
- Use commit comments to link changesets to tickets. View related tickets from the code browser. View related changesets from your ticketing tool.
- Pro Accounts can add the webhooks tool and even notify external systems after each commit.
Inline Code Commenting
Save time explaining or commenting on code via email by adding comments for individual lines of code or for entire changesets.
- Explain and review code directly within the code browser.
- View the comments tab for a complete log of previous comments.
- Track recent comments in the easy to read activity stream.
- Receive customizable email notifications of incoming comments to stay on top of things.